SharePoint for Finance
Strong financial control within a company is paramount to its success; too often non financial staff provide information late or incomplete. Time is spent chasing these staff for information such as expenses or invoices which affects the month/year end results.
SharePoint provides rich forms and workflow functionality which enables the finance department to manage their processes such as expenses, purchase requests, invoice approval and time sheets. Information can be captured via the web portal from users and this information based on rules can be routed to line managers for review and approval. If staff are late providing information or approving items, a notification or action can be routed to their line manager and/or the finance department. Information can also be provided back to the originator once an expense has been approved and when it has been paid.
SharePoint therefore not only ensures control, accountability and audit but also provides users a single intuitive web interface to manage all of their process touch points.
Solutions at a glance
- Expenses Management – Record employee expenses; calculate mileage claims, approval by line managers and finance, confirmation of payment.
- Invoice scanning and approval – Scan documents directly to SharePoint, request coding, route for approval, post/provide invoices to your finance systems.
- Time Recording – Record time against projects, route for approval, post/provide costing to your finance systems.
- Purchase Requests – Record request for purchase, route for approval, manage overdue orders, post/provide commitments to your finance systems.
- KPI Dashboards – Provide financial information via the web for department heads and key business users.
- Budget Planning and approval – Plan and record budget versions, route for approval, post/provide budget breakdown to your finance system.
- Sales invoice recording and generation – Record sales, generate sales invoices, distribute electronically, post/provide sales to your finance systems.
- Electronic Remittances – Automatically generate remittances, send via email.
- Debtor Management – Manage overdue debt by customer, record notes against transactions, generate overdue letters, send via email.
Whether you are new to SharePoint or are looking at creating your manual processes on your current SharePoint site our team of consultants can assist in gathering your requirements and implementing robust processes.